Girlguiding Whitchurch created a time capsule.
Members of units from Whitchurch District made their own piece of history last week, by choosing items to go into a time capsule at a local housing development site. The girls visited the site, with their District Commissioner, and placed various items into the time capsule, which was then buried in the ground at the site.
The girls chose to include these items in their time capsule:
- Each girl / leader wrote something on a postcard about themselves and Whitchurch / Girlguiding
- Girlguiding badges past and present
- Photographs of units and activities they have done
- A Brownie uniform and Promise badge
- An Olivia Rainbow doll
- A Brownie mug
- An old mobile phone
- Whitchurch Herald 6.4.16
- Shropshire Star 6.4.16
- Coins – 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p
- A map of Whitchurch
- A postcard of Whitchurch
- A letter from the District Commissioner and numbers / statistics of members in Girlguiding Whitchurch in 2016.
Maybe it will be discovered in years to come!